Assistant professor in theoretical philosophy
Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies
3512 BL Utrecht
I’m a mathematical philosopher who mainly works at the intersection of logic, metaphysics, and epistemology. I also ❤ the (philosophy of) mathematics.
[At university], the teacher does not exist for the sake of the student; both teacher and student have their justification in the common pursuit of knowledge. -Wilhem von Humboldt
Currently, I coordinate:
- Introduction to Logic (BSc AI, ca. 250 students) ▶ See [GitHub] for course materials
- Advanced Logic (BA Phil, ca. 25 students)
I also coordinate our tutoring program in AI:
- Tutoraat Basis (BSc AI) ▶ [GitHub]
Editorial work: I recently joined the Journal of Philosophical Logic as associate editor.
- Proof Systems for Exact Entailment. Review of Symbolic Logic Accepted manuscript: 1-37, 2022.
- Multiple Models, One Explanation (w/ Chiara Lisciandra). Journal of Economic Metholody 28: 186-206, 2021.
- The Lambda Calculus (w/ Jesse Alama). The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (ed. Edward N. Zalta), 2021.
- Truthmakers and Normative Conflicts (w/ Albert Anglberger). Studia Logica 108: 49-83, 2020.
- What Are Structural Properties? (w/ Georg Schiemer). Philosophia Mathematica 28: 295-323, 2018.
- Axiomatic Theories of Partial Ground I: The Base Theory. Journal of Philosophical Logic 47: 161-191, 2018.
- Axiomatic Theories of Partial Ground II: Partial Ground and Hierarchies of Typed Truth. Journal of Philosophical Logic 47: 193-226, 2018.
- An Exact Truthmaker Semantics for Permission and Obligation (w/ Albert J. J. Anglberger, Federico LG Faroldi). Deontic Logic and Normative Systems. 13th International Conference (ed. Olivier Roy, Allard Tamminga, and Malte Willer), 16-31, 2016.
- Yet Another Puzzle of Ground. Kriterion 29(2): 1-10, 2015.